Thursday, September 20, 2007

Look Great challenge - Goals

Well, the challenge has begun. And, already I'm off to a slow start. Due to a silly (but, thankfully small!) injury, I've not been able to start in with my exercise like I'd planned. And, I've not really done anything with my eating habits, yet, either.

Irregardless, I'm still going to "press on". ;o)

For the challenge, I plan to:

* drink more water
(keeping a water bottle with me throughout the day; drinking at set times when I already do other things... trying to "link" them so it becomes habit)

* consistently exercise
(walking, etc. for 30 minutes, at least 3 times per week)

* follow my hunger cues
(eat only when physiologically hungry, and stop before "stuffed")

* let God lead
(trust that He knows what's best; stop giving in to my own whims)

* get enough sleep
(seven or more hours a night would be best)

* keep snacks to a minimum
(90% of the time I should choose "healthy"; the other 10% can be indulgence)

* eat more fruits, veggies & whole grains
(I don't eat near enough, so I need to make this a habit)

* watch my portion sizes
(already use a smaller plate, but tend to pile it... gotta watch that!)

So, hopefully next week I can get back to exercising Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. And, I'm going to start tomorrow morning with the other bits. There is no excuse. I am the only person standing in the way of my reaching my goals.

Oh, and just for the record, my goal is to be at least 15 pounds lighter by the end of the challenge... but, I can't record my progress in that area, so you'll just have to guess by whether my posts are full of "progress" or "stuck-ness". ;-P

No comments: