Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just over 2 months

Since I restarted working on things on January 7th of this year, it's been just over 2 months. But, I can't really count the last week or two, I don't think -- I've become complacent again, almost not caring whether I change or stay the same.

My attitude has taken a nose-dive. I've tried to remain positive, but it's getting harder. I haven't been exercising (although, I did do a 2 mile walk on Monday, and intend to do another today), and I've not been getting in my water, fruits or veggies. I've basically let everything slide.

It's not that I don't want to change... I REALLY, REALLY do! And, I'm not sure why I've gotten into such a funk. I know I've been suffering from depression, but I'm not sure of the cause of that... I thought it was Seasonal Affective Disorder, so I got some Vitamin D3 capsules to take. But, even taking those, I'm still suffering from the blues. Even when the sun is shining bright outside, I can be feeling so down that I wanna cry. :-(

Ah well. I'm not giving up. Yesterday I got 2 magazines in the mail (SHAPE and Runner's World), and they reminded me of why I want to work on things -- I want to be thinner, fit, healthier, stronger, and more confident, and I want to take up running to feel that sense of empowerment it brings from knowing I'm strong enough to do such a thing. :-?

So, we'll keep trying. Off to do my workout...

3 comments:

Mom said...

Hang in there! Motivation is right there when we are naked in front of the mirror. Keep eating those good foods that work with us instead of against us and enjoy your workout! We all get down, but it's getting back up that creates the changes.

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Kind of sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Things have to change soon, right?

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

When the sun is shining outside, do you go out in it? That can really help a LOT with the vitamin D and the SAD thing. Just 10 minutes in direct sunlight. Not long enough to get a sunburn. ;-) Hang in there, spring is just around the corner.
Path to Health