Wednesday, October 10, 2007

LGC: Week 3

Still not doing well. I'm still pigging out and eating when I'm not *truly* hungry. I even stoop so low as to melt down pb & chocolate-chipits, and eat it straight from the bowl! :-(

I need to change my mindset about things. I'm still in "diet mode", I think. And, that doesn't help. I've been feeling a lot of things lately:

deprived - because I said I was going to "fast" from certain "trigger" foods

stressed - because of the many *big* life changes taking place (new job/etc)

lonely - because God seems to be calling certain people out of my life

hungry - not so much in the physical sense as in the 'spiritual'
(and I keep 'feeding' the physical instead of realizing that's not it)

And so, we press on. I have to pray about all of the above. I can't "fix" this on my own.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Hang in there! I could have written your post not that long ago.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Keep praying! I will be praying for you, too.
Path to Health

Everything Counts said...

I've been there before! I just love melting down chocolate chips and peanut butter. I even add oatmeal to it and get a no bake cookie in a bowl!

Changing the way we eat is NOT an easy thing to do! And stress doesn't help things, I know!

Just remember, we are your cheerleaders! You can count on us!!!

And if you need someone to pray for you...let me know! I will!

Blessings!
Heather

Mamacita Tina said...

I'm a stress eater, I understand. I don't know if this helps, but try to plan your meals for the day, and be sure to include foods you love. I made sure I ate some healthy foods and a Snickers yesterday.

Hang in there. Each day is a new chance to get focused.

Diana Swallow said...

I'm a binge/stress eater too. When I struggle with eating things like pb and melted chips, I force myself to stop and write everything thing I eat and plan all of my meals. Hang in there, you will find your focus.